“Baptism, the Eucharist, and the sacrament of Confirmation together constitute the “sacraments of Christian initiation,” whose unity must be safeguarded. It must be explained to the faithful that the reception of the sacrament of Confirmation is necessary for the completion of baptismal grace. For “by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.”
– Catechism of the Catholic Church #1285
Welcome to Confirmation at Holy Trinity! We are excited and honored to partner with parents and candidates on this journey. The junior and senior years of high school can be demanding in regards to academic and extra-curricular commitments. Therefore, it is encouraged that young people begin the Confirmation journey in their freshman year of high school. This helps to foster community and faith with their peers. However, the two year journey can be completed anytime during their freshman or junior year. Please see below for more information on the Sacrament of Confirmation and how to register. If you are an Adult (18+) who is seeking the Sacrament of Confirmation please see the bottom of this page.
ALL CONFIRMATION CANDIDATES
- Preparation is two year journey for all 9–11 grade youth in the Diocese of Orange.
- Classes run from September – May.
- Candidates in Year 1 and 2 meet on alternate Sunday mornings outside at Holy Trinity in the Courtyard.
- Year 1 9:30am-10:30am and 3pm-4pm
- Year 2 9:30am-10:30am and 3pm-4pm
- Distance Learning is available for both Year 1 & Year 2. Lessons are posted the week of in-person instruction.
- The candidate’s family must be registered members of Holy Trinity Catholic Church.
- Must complete Permission and Release Form
YEAR 1 CANDIDATES
-Year 1 Registration Closed-
- Please read through the Year 1 Information Packet
- Must attend a parent/candidate meeting
- Year 1 Information Packet
- Y1 Calendar 2020-21 (updated as of Dec. 2020) Please save for your reference
YEAR 2 CANDIDATES
-Year 2 Registration Closed-
If you completed Year 1 with Holy Trinity you are automatically registered for Year 2.
Please save for your reference.
- Y2 Calendar 2020-21 1.12.21 (updated)
- Saint Reflection Instructions
- Discipleship Display Instructions (as of Jan 2021)
- Discipleship Display COVID adaptions
- Letter to Bishop Instructions (as of Jan 2020)
If you have completed Y1 at another parish:
- Contact Emmanuel Perez after registration to receive important information
- A copy of the Baptism and First Holy Communion certificate must be provided at the time of registration.
- Must attend one parent/candidate meeting
- Verification of Year 1 completion should be provided.
If you aren’t receiving our emails, please click here to be added on our communications list.
If you were confirmed this past summer/fall and you still haven’t picked up your Confirmation Certificate please stop by the Parish Office during our temporary hours.
If you have any questions please contact:
Emmanuel Perez– Middle School and Youth Ministry Coordinator
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (949) 218-3131 ext. 101
“In this Sacrament (Confirmation), the Holy Spirit is given to the Baptized for strength just as he was given to the Apostles on the day of Pentecost” – Thomas Aquinas.
ADULT CONFIRMATION PREPARATION
If you are an adult Catholic who has received the sacraments of Baptism and Eucharist but have not received the Sacrament of Confirmation please click here.