The Outreach Ministry at Holy Trinity provides aid to those in need within our parish and surrounding communities. Assistance includes providing temporary assistance to the faithful who call Holy Trinity their parish home, collecting food, supplies, personal items, and gift certificates for various outreach organizations, and working to support our Youth Group needs. We work in solidarity with the Holy Trinity mission to place God first in all things and by sharing our time, talents and treasure with those in need.
Charity Starts at Home
If you are a Holy Trinity parishioner in need of temporary assistance due to the cost of inflation or unforeseen circumstances, please know the Outreach Ministry is ready to support you. Grocery and gas gift cards are available in the Parish Office to supplement the cost of basic needs from time to time. Please stop by when needed. If your family is in need of other items such as school supplies or medical equipment, please send an email to the Outreach Ministry and we will do our best to help provide what resources we can.
How Can You Help?
There are several ways to get involved and support the Holy Trinity Outreach Ministry mission. Your involvement could include supporting our own parishioners on an as needed basis, participating or assisting in the coordination of collection drives, volunteering your time to collect items before/after masses, and donating items.
Meeting Parishioner Needs: If you feel called to be on a list with fellow parishioners who could collaboratively meet the needs of a Holy Trinity family, please send an email to the Outreach Ministry to sign up. Potential needs include financial help to get caught up with utility bills, providing school supplies, diapers, formula, or additional gift cards beyond grocery and gas. As these kinds of needs arise, we will reach out to the entire group. There is no commitment for your support. Simply give when you feel called.
Collection Drives: The Outreach Ministry has planned several collection drives throughout the year. Through the generosity of our parish, we are able to serve thousands of people by partnering with local organizations including: Family Assistance Ministries, South County Outreach, Laura’s House, The Life Center of Santa Ana, The Fisher House at Camp Pendleton, and Mission Hospital and Memorial Care Foundation.
Volunteer Opportunities: The Outreach Ministry is always in need of more helping hands during collection drives. The commitment is less than one hour per scheduled drive. Simply show up 30 minutes before the mass you regularly attend to help collect donations. Then, stay a few minutes after mass to sort and store the donated items. The Outreach Ministry also welcomes anyone who would like to help coordinate collection drives and donation deliveries with local outreach organizations and the church.
Outreach Ministry Schedule
September 3-4: Gift Card Drive
- Benefiting: Holy Trinity Parishioners
- Need: Grocery Gift Cards, Gas Gift Cards, Amazon Gift Cards, Costco Gift Cards
November 12-13 & 29-30: Advent Giving Tree Tags Available
- In partnership with local outreach organizations Holy Trinity adopts dozens of families to provide Christmas gifts and joy to those who need it. Gift tags are sorted by gender and age groups. Pick up a tag to bring someone Christmas Joy!
- If you a Holy Trinity parishioner who needs assistance this Christmas Season, please reach out!
November 12-13: Knights of Columbus Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Benefiting: South County Outreach & Family Assistance Ministries
- Need Canned Goods: Cranberry Sauce, Green Beans, Corn, Fruit, Yams, Mushroom Soup, Chicken and Turkey Broth, Stuffing Mix, Gravy, French Fried Onion, Potatoes, Onions, Holiday Candy, Nuts, Marshmallows
November 26-27, December 3-4, December 10-11: Advent Giving Tree Donation Collections
- Advent Giving Tree Collections are time sensitive. In order for your recipient to receive your donation please drop off between November 26 and December 11. We will not be able to accept donations after the last collection dates. Thank you for your support and understanding!
February 25-26, March 4-5, March 11-12, March 18-19, March 25-26: Lenten Almsgiving Drive
- Participating in the Outreach Ministry’s Almsgiving Drive- Discovery Christ this Lent provides opportunity practice the Three Pillar of Lent: Pray, Fasting, and Almsgiving.
- PRAY for those who will be distributing and receiving the items. FAST by skipping a dinner or lunch or a coffee stop to provide more generously. You will be participating in the three practices of the Catholic faith during Lent with your ALMSGIVING.
- Each week of Lent your Almsgiving donations provide supplies for many local charitable organizations so that they can adequately continue their mission.
May 13-14: Diaper Bag Drive
- Benefiting: The Life Center of Santa Ana
- Need: New Diaper Bags, Travel Size Baby Items
- Mother’s Day Roses will be available for a suggested donation. All proceeds go directly to the Life Center.
July 13-16: Back to School Supplies Collection
- Benefiting: Family Assistance Ministries
- Backpacks, Notebooks, Crayons, Markers, Glue, Erasers, Pencils, Pencil Boxes, Highlighters, Sharpies, Expo Pens
“And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you,
whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me”
– Matthew 25:40
For more information please contact:
Outreach Coordinator, Diana Leary at email@example.com