Altar Servers have the honor of assisting the Priest Celebrant during Sunday Mass. This assistance by the Altar Servers allows the congregation to concentrate and participate better in the music, the prayers, the proclamation of Scripture, and most especially, the beautiful Liturgy of the Eucharist.
- Received the Sacrament of First Holy Communion, and is currently at or above the 5th grade academic year.
- Possess a level of maturity which makes the server comfortable working on the altar in front of the church audience.
Note: this is up to the parent’s discretion. We will not turn away a volunteer once they complete the training.
- Complete a 90 minute training session which are held at various times throughout the year.
- Willingness to commit to enriching the experience of parishioners by performing all the functions described with a joyful heart.
- Attend Mass regularly. We ask for a commitment of one serving assignment per month, which is important in the retention of serving tasks and procedures.
- Dress in a modest and respectful manner.
Formal training sessions are conducted which cover all aspects of the ministry. Lead servers are assigned to each mass and they provide “on the job” guidance and training as the new server gains experience on the altar. Watch the bulletin for the next training opportunities.
For additional information, please contact:
Tom Wilkinson – Phone: 562-412-7093 | Email: email@example.com