- 14 years or older and have received the Sacrament of Holy Communion.
- One is considered a junior usher until they are of high school age.
- Willingness to commit to enriching the experience of parishioners by performing all the functions described above with a joyful and humble heart.
- Practicing Catholic, in good standing with the Church.
- Dress in a modest and respectful manner.
Guidelines for the ministry and practical training are provided. Ushers will be scheduled for three training masses and must serve four non- training masses before being allowed to serve as a lead usher. Only those over the age of 18 may serve as a lead usher.